MyOnlinePsychologist was initially set up as a side project from my private practice during lockdown. From June 2020, referrals were increasing and both myself and my local colleagues had full clinics with long wait times. So often, patients would call me up in distress at not being able to find a clinician who had availability, let alone a clinician who was particularly specilised in their area of need. And I could not help.
Fortunately, as the benefits of online therapy were being recognised - both by patients and clinicians - this opened up the possibility of me referring to highly qualified clinicians outside of my practice area (Surrey and Hampshire) who had lower wait times.
So, for the second half of 2021 and into 2022, I've met around 40-50 qualified clinical and counselling psychologists and selected those who have a clear knowledge in the area they specialise in but also a confidence in the practice of online therapy.
Currently I have 12 associates (11 Clinical Psychologists and 1 Counselling Psychologist), each with their own specialist area of knowledge, so that I can be confident that when I refer you to someone, they will be the right practitioner for you. The feedback has so far been excellent, and I really hope I can help you too find not only an available clinician but most importantly, a practitioner who specialises specifically in the difficulties you would like to have help with.
I do still run my own private practice online and in Guildford and have no plans to stop this.
About me personally….
Sport and food (eating it….I’m not the best cook) play a key part in my life. I can’t say I excel at any sport, but tennis and golf offer me regular exercise and lots of enjoyment! As does watching Southampton Football club – not always a fulfilling experience, but I’ve learnt to accept this (most of the time – I think my partner may argue I have not gained full acceptance yet!).
Details of my relevant qualifications are listed below:
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) Registered Clinical Psychologist
- British Psychological Society (BPS) Associate Fellow and Chartered Clinical Psychologist (AFBPsS, CPsychol)
- British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) Accredited Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapist
- PGDip Psychological Interventions – CBT – Pass with Distinction – University of Surrey (2011)
- BPS Accredited Clinical Doctorate Clinical Psychology – University of Surrey (2010)
- EMDR Practitioner Training – ALL Parts (Basic, Intermediate and Advanced) (2012)
- Dip Clinical Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy – Clifton Practice, Bristol.
- First Class BSc (Hons) Psychology – University of Bristol (UK)